Monday, April 25, 2011

When I knew

2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?

I know I am crazy but this one is just over the top! Let's see..we met June 25th and on July 4th before we left up to Payson to watch the fireworks and camp and hike Fossil Springs, I wrote in my journal.. ha. I don't remember exactly what I said but I know I said I was going to marry him. Yeah, that's 10 days after I met the kid. It was so crazy to me to be even thinking about marriage because at that point I was having too much fun being single. I even made all kinds of excuses to Bailey on why I'm not ready to get married, or why I can't be in a relationship. nuts. Anyway,  when we were in Payson it was SO fun. I threatened to kill him a few times for making me hike 4 miles when he told me it was only about 1.5 miles...but when we got to the waterfall it was so amazing. I defintaly knew I couldn't let him go because of the way he made me laugh, the fun we had, the way he laughed at me when I tried to be tough...he just knew me right away.

                                                                                                                          HE.IS.HOT.


I think there might have been a handful of nights we didn't see each other after we met. I took him up to St. Johns for the Pioneer Days and he saw just how small town I was. I was in the ribbon roping ha. We always talked about how we would raise "our kids" and where we wanted to live and all that but we never said the I love you's. I sure wasn't going to say it so fast but then again why should I since he hadn't?! On August first we went to a friends house to go swimming and prob left there at about midnight. As we were driving home the song "I've got a feeling" came on and we just chatted right through it. As we drove through the intersection of Higley and Elliott (freaky memory) he said "Whitney.." I said "do'nt even say it" Then in my head thinking what the hell. what are you scared of. We got to my house and stayed in his car for hours just talking. The whole time I'm talking to him I'm having a second conversation with myself in my head ..why am I so guarded and why I didn't want him to tell me he loved me. What was I scared of, seriously! I wasn't gonna let him get away because I am a freak. I told him how I felt at 2:45..It kind of just fell out of my mouth. But I'm glad it did. I love him to death and I'm glad I had the balls to say it. Guess it's safe to say my crazy self knew I'd marry him within the first ten days of knowing him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment