Tuesday, June 19, 2012

G pas birthday

Today we all got together at Baileys for a swim party and to grill some burgers for my grandpas birthday. He is the perfect example of what men should be. My whole life I've known him to be such a hard worker, ALWAYS fixing something and treating my grandma like she was the queen of the his world. I think his favorite thing to do in his spare time is service and I think it's great. Not too long ago he had foot surgery because his ankle was bothering him. He then had a heart attack which let to him getting a quad bipass...not long after that he had a massive brain stoke. I am pretty sure it rocked everyones world. The night he had a stoke, Chris came next door and said grandma had called her and told her to come over because something was wrong with Grandpa. Chris told her to dial 911 and hung up. We raced over to their house and were greeted by a fire truck in the street. We didn't know what had happened so our hearts sunk when we walked in the door. My grandpa was not the grandpa I knew. He was not responding to anything. It broke my heart. I almost wish I wouldn't have been there because that was hard. He was superman to me. We followed the ambulance to the hospital and got into the lobby right after they wheeled him in. The first thing we heard over the intercom was "stroke alert" bad. news. I went into his room then headed home. Josh had never seen me so upset. BUT on the positive side of things, he is doing MUCH better. He does speech and physical therapy and we're veeery grateful we get more time with him on earth! Harlyn is glad she got to meet her great grandpa too. He sure loves babies!!

1 comment: