Monday, April 16, 2012

When life catches up

I have a journal laying next to my bed. Always begging me to write in it. I've had it for awhile. Maybe around 2 years. There MIGHT be ten entries. I've read them back a few times and it's a little bit sad to me. Ive always said I wish I had kept a journal throughout school so my kids can read it someday. Now that I have a child and I'm starting that chapter, I'm actually glad I didnt. Sad I know. But it's the truth. I know I'm not alone when I say there's things I wish I could take back. I wish I treated people in my life better. Made more of an effort in the things I did. I want my kids, and everyone else to see me in the most positive light. I need to get there first but I will. I get an e nail every day from LDS gems and I love them. They seem to be just what I need to hear every day. For instance, this quote from this years conference, "Raising our children is a much greater responsibility than we can do alone without the Lord’s help. He knows exactly what our children need to know, what they need to do, and what they need to be to come back into His presence. He gives mothers and fathers specific instruction and guidance through the scriptures, His prophets, and the Holy Ghost." I'm only 3 weeks in but I've already realized that you need the lords help in raising your kids. I pray every night that I can be the best mom I can and that Harlyn will have the patience as I learn. Poor first born kids. They're like a trial run on what and what not to do haha I'll never have all the answers but at least I can go to the lord for help! "LDS rules!" get it? "O'Doyle Rules!" no? Nevermind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment