Saturday, April 21, 2012

911??

My poor baby has been super stuffy for the past couple days so about 3 days ago I called the pediatrician answer line at about 10 at night cause she started coughing and really couldn't breathe. We took her in at 10 the next morning and she said it was just a cold and everything else looked great. She's up to 9.5. lbs .yay! Anway, yesterday she was soooo fussy all morning and that is not my child, so I was dripping some gripe water in her mouth, I had givin it to her once before with no issues. She must have choked on some because she stopped breathing, turned purple and her eyes rolled back and closed and her arms dropped. I was FREAKING out beyond imagination and grabbed my phone to call 911. No I don't think I was being dramatic at all, this is my baby here. And right when I grabbed it she gasped for air and was choking for a bit. I felt like the worst mom ever. I didn't want to say anything to Josh because I felt so bad. But I called him about ten min after and told him what happened. He's the best, he assured me it wasn't my fault and it was just a freak accident. I hate gripe water, and she will never have it again. (even though it helped her the first time, I hate it).

On a positive note, I get to talk to this silly face every morning! <3


She is hilarious. She gets so excited and raises her eyebrows and flares her nostrils. I even caught her smiling a the same time. She is starting to be awake a whole lot during the day now and I love it! I love seeing her big ole blue eyes and talking to her.
Love my baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. So fricken scary! And no you were not over reacting i would have called myself. And it was not your fault at all. These babies can scare the crap out of their moms!
    She is so cute and i love her hair!

    ReplyDelete